Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Letter to 2014



2013 was overall a good year and it ended in the best way possible. I started the year full of hope, happiness and love. Little I knew, that 2014 was going to be a rocky one.
This morning, I was shown a video where a little girl talks about how life is like a train on which you get on. Some passengers will travel with you for most of your trip until they have to get off eventually, others will hop off in different stations at different times depending on each one's circumstances.
But all those persons will make an impact on you, the same way you'll make an impact on them. We need to learn how to say goodbye and how to let go the people that decide to stop sharing the trip with you; and cherish and appreciate those who make your trip part of theirs.
In 2014 I had a big monetary loss, I was sick for most part of it, I lost very and pretty much essential people in my life (some moved far away and some just left my side) and I got to see my dreams shatter twice.
That along with the usual baggage that I carry from the past and for what I am working hard to leave in one of the stations where my train passes by ( work in progress, almost full completion)
But 2014 also showed me who was by my side and brought me too lots of new and amazing people.
People who have been there for me when I needed them, consciously or not, and whose words have encouraged me during the difficult times and have made me believe in myself. Maybe those people don't know or maybe they do, but I found in their words the strength to carry on.
I've learned how hurtful is to see your dreams turned into pieces twice, but I've also learned to collect those pieces patiently and put them together to start reconstructing those dreams or build new ones.
I've learned that you can't please everyone and certainly you can't make everyone like you. So if people don't accept you for who you are, then it isn't worth suffering to change their mind.
I've also learned that those who truly love you, will stick with you no matter what and will find ways to do so if they sense you are slowly moving away.
And finally I've learned that even when you think you aren't strong anymore and that you can't cope with anything else; you try your one last push and that's the one that get you out from the darkness. Like when the Phoenix obtains new life by arising from the ashes.
Thanks to each and one of you that has been part of my life in 2014 and is still with me. I look forward to seeing you all and share more moments in 2015.
2015 will be a good year and we're ready to kick asses :)

1 comment:

Minafog said...

Wise words... My best wishes for you, you deserve the best!! And don´t allow yourself to think otherwise... <3